SAP HANA Migration
HANA (SOH), S4 HANA
It is very essential and critical for organizations to make decisions on whether to have the HANA deployment on premise or on cloud or have a hybrid model established.
WHY MIGRATE TO HANA
- High performance on aggregation queries (like COUNT, SUM, AVG, MIN, MAX)
- Highly efficient data compression and/or partitioning
- True scalability and fast data loading for Big Data
- Accessible by many 3rdparty BI analytic tools
- Fairly simple systems administration
STRATEGIC DECISION – ON PREMISE / CLOUD / HYBRID
It is very essential and critical for organizations to make decisions on whether to have the HANA deployment on premise or on cloud or have a hybrid model established. This would vary on number of factors like
- Number of users and Locations
- IT capabilities inhouse
- Whether to have CAPEX / OPEX modus operandi
- Existing infrastructure setup
- And many more….
Advait’s in-depth knowledge of SAP HANA clubbed with its infrastructure capabilities helps organizations select the best and most optimum solutions which are scalable, adaptable and cost effective.
SOH VS S4
SoH: Suite on HANA. In this method of implementation, it is more like a technical migration wherein the existing non hana database gets replaced with HANA DB. The application servers remain as it is. This type of implementation is best suitable while performing migrations where EHP levels are lower than EHP7.
S4: Suite 4 HANA encompasses the entire gamut of functionalities of HANA enterprise management.
Below is the chart showing the differences between various methods for hana deployment along with functionality presentation.