SAP Solution Manager (SolMan) is a module of SAP that provides functionalities like integrated content, methodologies, tools etc. to implement, operate, monitor and support an enterprise’s SAP solution. SAP solution manager manages the SAP and Non-SAP solutions in the IT landscapes of an organization. It supports the underlying IT infrastructure and business processes. It is a powerful tool for SAP Basis administrators.
Managing large scale setups / landscapes is a tedious job. Solution manager helps make things easy.
- The Roadmaps contain all the information about project phases and implementation of the project
- You start to use the SAP solution manager towards the end of the evaluation phase. Define your project in the SAP solution manager.
- Set the project scope in the project definition
- Define the system landscape required for the implementation of business process
- It defines a Business Blueprint by documenting the organizational unit, master data, and business scenarios etc, required for the implementation of a business process.
- Configure business scenarios in the development system
- Check the test cases delivered and assign further test cases to processes and process steps
- Check the consistency of the customizing of your business processes
- Organize test and can reuse the test cases selected during configuration
- Lowering Cost: SAP Solution Manager helps you make the most of SAP’s support services-significantly lowering your total cost of ownership.
- Automated Alerts: There is no need to search out system error manually; the team will be instantly notified of any issues or errors automatically.
- Improved patch and upgrade management: Just one system will manage cross-system patch updates and synchronization.
- Automated configuration tracking: A fully maintained knowledge repository enables users to keep track of all configuration changes.
- Centralized Management: It acts as a central point of control for the entire solution landscape and centralized management for the multi-component projects.
- Reduces Administration Effort: It does real time monitoring of systems, interfaces and business process which reduces administration effort.
- Easy Integration: Integrates with IT landscapes that include both SAP and non-SAP applications.
- Faster ROI: It accelerates implementation and continuous improvement. Availability of implementation roadmaps, best practice documents and SAP solution management services speed learning and accelerate project.
- Technical Monitoring (TechMon):
Manage and monitor critical IT infrastructure and IT processes. Define threshold values to generate alerts.
- Alert Monitoring:
System alerts generated can be monitored and analyzed for IT decision making.
- Change Request Management (CHaRMS):
Changes within SAP system can be identified, managed and tracked along with its relevant business process.
- Business Process Monitoring:
Helps monitor all the business processes along with-it activities.Gives Utilization of each of the activities, processes, sub modules and modules
- IT Service Management (ITSM)
Manage incidents, ticketing management tool